Sunday, February 6, 2011

Attitude is Everything!

From Sophmore year on I was in marching band. Believe me when I say I LIVED for it! I practiced in place I memorized my music, and I perfected my posture. We had to memorize a call and responce. It pumped us up and reminded us that we were ONE unit. The Call and responce went like this:

How are your feet? TOGETHER, Stomachs? IN, Chest? OUT, Shoulders? BACK, Eyes? WITH PRIDE, How are your eyes? WITH PRIDE!!, What is our Motto? ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING, I Didnt Hear You! WHAT'S OUR MOTTO?! ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING.

At first I wasnt a big fan of the motto. Attitude is something I was taught NOT to have. I shouldnt have attitude with my those in Authority. I slowly began to realize that like most other things, there is a bad attitude and a good attitude. That was the emphasis of the message my band instructor was trying to get across to us. If you had a good attitude, it would be a good rehersal, if you had a bad attitude, you would make it a bad rehersal. Make the choice to have it be a good rehersal.

On days like today this helps me. Now I have the benifit of adding Christ into my picture. I can choose to have a bad day and let this sinful world take its toll on my outlook and attitude, OR I can choose to look at the cross rejoice in everything HE has already done for me and make it a joyus day in the Lord.

My attitude is everything.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment